Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sentosa Trip with HSA staffs

Its Centre Transfusion of blood (CTM) dept Family day! Actually end my work 1 week ago, was very glad that Kim, my boss invited me back for the trip! Its great to see my friendly and approachable colleagues again!

We went to National Museum and Sentosa on 22 July 2007, Saturday... wow, really changed my view towards National Museum. Initially thought that it would be a boring trip, but to my surprise, its full of interesting Singapore History!

No more boring museum guides, instead, it is replaced by interactive devices, which allow us to play and listen to the history of Singapore with the earphones. It actually brought us all the way back to the day where Sang Nila Utama founded Singapore, and termed it as 'Temasek'.

There were videos which gave us a clearer view, and made history of Singapore more captivating.


Waiting to get into the National Museum...CTM staffs


Interior design of the Museum


More...

As picture-taking were forbidden in the Museum, didn't really take alot of pics. But I would say, the Museum really changed alot, let me guess...when was the last time I've been to a Museum? Hmm...most probably my lower secondary school days.

If I were given more time, I don't mind to explore more of Singapore history. Singapore has really come a long way, despite being young and small, our history is full of unknown facts waiting for us to explore!

After that, around 5pm, we set off to Sentosa! All of us are given $10 for our dinner, yoooo HoOO!


Having dinner with HSA lab officers!
Sitting beside me is Sharon and Marissa
Right infront of me is Yas, my good partner! She's the one who I'm supposed to meet up for dinner on last day, but she was sick. Yas, please take care of your health when I'm not around! =)


Yas son and daughter


Myself with Sharon


More lab officers from the Cross Match Lab!
The guy right behind is Kooi Sim, just shifted to my estate, now we're neighbours!
2nd row: Myself, Marissa, Clara, Sharon and Michael(the boss in Cross Match Lab)
Front row: Yas Son and Daughter

After our dinner, we headed on to the next stop , Songs of the Sea. The old musical fountain has been demolished, and now replaced by the a/m. The show was @ 7.40pm, there wasn't much time left...so we rushed our way there!


At the ticketing booth...already got our tickets, but we need to go to the booth to get a stupid chop, to verify our tickets.

Kind of stupid right... -_-


People mountain people sea...

Some snapshots from the show... (pls look at my video , its really worth to wait for the download!!!)


Its about a guy...who saw a beautiful princess from the sea, while he was Singing one day.


He wanted so much to see the princess again, but she's asleep.


The only solution to wake her up, is to sing his hearts out loud, and hopefully the princess can hear his sincere voices.


During his various attempts, he woke up some of the sea monsters, and experienced some difficulties.


But in the end...he succeeded, and he finally saw the princess !

After the show, I was wondering, why didn't the NDP'07 team seek advices from Sentosa! Wah kaoz...i really think this show is much much much better than the NDP preview I watched. There's fountain, there's laser, there's fireworks...NDP lea?! Hmm...i see stupid jellyfishes, tiny humans which I don't know what they were performing...aye aye aye. But nvm my dear army friends, National Day is coming soon, your ordeal is ending soon!!!! ENDURE!

After the show...went around to take some pics...


Yas and Myself, good working partners!


Cross Match Lab rox! The friendly lab officers again!


Myself with Dr. Diana Teo! CTM director! If you read the recent RH news, you will know who is she! I think I look horrible..argHh.


Sentosa Night scene...can see?


Going home lo!!! Bye~! Haha...sharon's big head!

More actions here! Pls watched it! I really think its worth to wait for the download!



Phew~ finally kept all my posts updated. No more back dating liao!
For now...bye HSA! We will see each other soon!

Take care!

No comments: